1. Convert the decimal number 231 into its binary equivalent. Select the correct answer from the list below.
2. Convert the binary number 10111010 into its hexadecimal equivalent. Select the correct answer from the list below.
3. The failure rate in a certain brand of network interface card has been determined to be 15%. How many cards could be expected to fail in a company that has 80 of the cards installed?
4. A local real estate company can have its 25 computer systems upgraded for $1000. If the company chooses only to upgrade 10 systems, how much will the upgrade cost if the same rate is used?
5. Considering the average capacity of storage device media, drag the storage media on the left to the capacity list on the right.
6. Which two devices provide permanent data storage? (Choose two.)
- Blu-Ray disc
- hard drive
7. If a technician uses an average of 2 cans of compressed air per week for cleaning, how many cans should be ordered for 8 technicians over the next 10 weeks?
8. What is a function of the BIOS?
- enables a computer to connect to a network
- provides temporary data storage for the CPU
- performs a power-on self test of internal components
- provides graphic capabilities for games and applications
9. Match the form of network communication with its description. (Not all options are used.)
10. Refer to the exhibit. Match the port to the associated letter shown in the exhibit. (Not all options are used.)
11. Which is a characteristic of the Internet?
- It is not centrally governed.
- It uses only physical addresses.
- It uses private IP addressing.
- It is localized to specific geographic locations.
12. Match the icon to its likely associated use. (Not all options are used.)
13. Which command can be used to test connectivity between two computers that are attached to a network?
- nbtstst -s
14. A person-hour is the amount of work that the average worker can do in one hour. It is anticipated that a company-wide system upgrade will take approximately 60 person-hours to complete. How long will it take five technicians to perform the refresh?
- 5 hours
- 8 hours
- 10 hours
- 12 hours
15. Match the application with the correct compressed files format. (Not all options are used.)
16. Which type of connector does a network interface card use?
17. A user is having problems accessing the Internet. The command ping www.cisco.com fails. However, pinging the IP address of cisco.com with the command ping 184.108.40.206 is successful. What is the problem?
- The web server is down.
- The default gateway is incorrect.
- There is a problem with DNS.
- The address of the ARP cache is incorrect.
18. Which option shows the proper notation for an IPv6 address?
19. What is the purpose of the routing process?
- to encapsulate data that is used to communicate across a network
- to select the paths that are used to direct traffic to destination networks
- to convert a URL name into an IP address
- to provide secure Internet file transfer
- to forward traffic on the basis of MAC addresses
20. Which device should be used for enabling a host to communicate with another host on a different network?
21. A home user is looking for an ISP connection that provides high speed digital transmission over regular phone lines. What ISP connection type should be used?
- cell modem
- cable modem
22. A company is expanding its business to other countries. All branch offices must remain connected to corporate headquarters at all times. Which network technology is required to support this requirement?
23. Why would a network administrator use the tracert utility?
- to determine the active TCP connections on a PC
- to check information about a DNS name in the DNS server
- to identify where a packet was lost or delayed on a network
- to display the IP address, default gateway, and DNS server address for a PC
24. Which basic process is used to select the best path for forwarding data?
25. Which wireless security procedure should be used to hide the WLAN ID from wireless clients?
- Configure WEP only on the access point.
- Install WAP on the wireless clients.
- Configure MAC address filtering on the access point.
- Disable the broadcast of the SSID on the access point.
- Decrease the antenna spectrum on each wireless client.
26. What is the purpose of having a converged network?
- to provide high speed connectivity to all end devices
- to make sure that all types of data packets will be treated equally
- to achieve fault tolerance and high availability of data network infrastructure devices
- to reduce the cost of deploying and maintaining the communication infrastructure
27. Refer to the exhibit. Consider the IP address configuration shown from PC1. What is a description of the default gateway address?
- It is the IP address of the Router1 interface that connects the company to the Internet.
- It is the IP address of the Router1 interface that connects the PC1 LAN to Router1.
- It is the IP address of Switch1 that connects PC1 to other devices on the same LAN.
- It is the IP address of the ISP network device located in the cloud.
28. Which technology provides a solution to IPv4 address depletion by allowing multiple devices to share one public IP address?
29. Which subnet would include the address 192.168.1.96 as a usable host address?
30. A technician uses the ping 127.0.0.1 command. What is the technician testing?
- the TCP/IP stack on a network host
- connectivity between two adjacent Cisco devices
- connectivity between a PC and the default gateway
- connectivity between two PCs on the same network
- physical connectivity of a particular PC and the network
31. Which function is provided by TCP?
- data encapsulation
- detection of missing packets
- communication session control
- path determination for data packets
32. What is the purpose of ICMP messages?
- to inform routers about network topology changes
- to ensure the delivery of an IP packet
- to provide feedback of IP packet transmissions
- to monitor the process of a domain name to IP address resolution
33. What statement describes the function of the Address Resolution Protocol?
- ARP is used to discover the IP address of any host on a different network.
- ARP is used to discover the IP address of any host on the local network.
- ARP is used to discover the MAC address of any host on a different network.
- ARP is used to discover the MAC address of any host on the local network.
34. What is the general term that is used to describe a piece of data at any layer of a networking model?
- protocol data unit
35. Which three IP addresses are private ? (Choose three.)
36. How does a networked server manage requests from multiple clients for different services?
- The server sends all requests through a default gateway.
- Each request is assigned source and destination port numbers.
- The server uses IP addresses to identify different services.
- Each request is tracked through the physical address of the client.
37. Which protocol translates a website name such as www.cisco.com into a network address?
38. What is an advantage of using IPv6 ?
- more addresses for networks and hosts
- faster connectivity
- higher bandwidth
- more frequencies
39. Refer to the exhibit. Using the network in the exhibit, what would be the default gateway address for host A in the 220.127.116.11 network?
40. Refer to the exhibit. Host_A is preparing to send data to Server_B. How will Host_A address the packets and frames that will carry this data? (Choose two.)
- The packet destination will be addressed with the IP address of the Router_B interface that is attached to Router_A.
- The frame destination will be addressed with the MAC address of Switch_A.
- The packet destination will be addressed with the IP address of the Router_A LAN interface.
- The frame destination will be addressed with the MAC address of the Router_A LAN interface.
- The packet destination will be addressed with the IP address of Server_B.
- The frame destination will be addressed with the MAC address of Server_B..