Section 50 Tasks
- Take the exam below
- Complete the challenge lab
- Review the subjects of your choice
- Read the ICND2 cram guide (and the ICND1 cram guide, if taking the CCNA exam)
- Spend 15 minutes on the subnetting.org website
Section 50 Exam
- Can a router in Area 0 running OSPF process ID 2 swap LSAs with a router in Area 0 running OSPF process ID 10?
- What is the port cost for a FastEthernet interface in STP? What about for a 1Gigabit interface?
- What is the difference between the enable secret cisco command and the enable password cisco command?
- List the seven Cisco enhancements to STP.
- Name the three LMI Frame Relay encapsulation types.
- What does a DLCI do?
- Is it true that the DLCI number must be the same across the entire Frame Relay circuit?
Section 50 Answers
- Yes. The OSPF process-id configuration is only locally significant.
- For FastEthernet, it is 19; for 1Gigabit, it is 4.
- The enable secret cisco command is encrypted with MD5.
- Port Fast, BPDU Guard, BPDU Filter, Loop Guard, Root Guard, Uplink Fast, and Backbone Fast.
- CISCO, ANSI, and Q933a.
- Identifies (tags) a connection with a Frame Relay switch.
- No, it is locally significant only.
Section 50 Lab – EIGRP with PPP and ACL
Connect two routers together with a serial or crossover cable:
- Add IP addresses to the routers and a Loopback interface on Router A and Router B, according to the diagram
- Ping between Router A and Router B to test the serial lines (remember clock rates)
- Now set the serial lines to use PPP but with no authentication required
- Configure EIGRP on both routers; add wildcard masks and turn off auto summary
- Check the routing table and ping all IP addresses
- Configure an extended ACL on Router A
- Block Telnet traffic to the router, unless destined for the 10.2.2.0/28 subnet
- Configure Telnet access on the VTY lines for Router A, and do a login and password under the VTY line (not username and password)
- Test the ACL by Telnetting to 10.1.1.1 (the IP address for Loopback0) from Router B
- Test that it works by Telnetting to 10.2.2.1
Solution Hints and Commands
- Use the router eigrp x command to enter EIGRP Configuration mode
- Use the show ip route command to verify the IP routing table
- Use the line vty 0 4 command to enter Line Configuration mode
- Use the access-class command under the VTY line to filter Telnet sources